Jumia Black Friday is the biggest online shopping event of the year. Sellers all around the world take advantage of this event by offering huge discounts on their products and services.
This year, the Jumia Marketplace will be offering something special for everyone from Black Friday, 23rd November 2018.
This year’s campaign is expected to be even bigger than last year’s as the event will run for probably one month, giving you more days and more sales. Jumia expects over 10 million unique visitors to the site and also a target of over 500,000 items to be sold.
With good deal offers, your sales are very likely to increase by 10 times.
On November 23rd Jumia will be promoting sales on products and services across all categories on the platform via email and social media to their entire database of customers.
To take advantage of this marketing opportunity and give your business the required visibility, just follow the steps below:
- 1 Offer great deals on products
- 2 Prepare your store
- 3 Tag your products
- 4 Adopt the Black Friday concept
- 5 Spread the word
- 6 Be Customer-focused
- 7 Offer free shipping on Jumia Black Friday
- 8 How to qualify for the event as a seller
- 9 Black Friday Faqs for sellers
- 9.1 1. Why do I need to drop-off my items on time?
- 9.2 2. When will I get paid for delivered items during Black Friday?
- 9.3 3. I suspect that I have a duplicate order on my account, what do I do?
- 9.4 4. I dropped off my package, but it’s not showing as shipped at Seller Center.
- 9.5 5. Why did the price of my item change?
- 9.6 6. Can I change the price of one of my items?
- 9.7 7. What do I do when I have an API Error message?
- 9.8 8. What can I do when my Barcodes don’t scan?
- 9.9 9. What do I do when my items are rejected at QC?
- 9.10 10. Why does my store still have a daily order limit?
- 9.11 11. My account is limited despite good performance. Why?
- 9.12 12. Why was my store placed on QC?
- 9.13 13. Will I still be eligible for the vendor promise during Black Friday?
- 9.14 14. What is the purpose of the Stickers?
- 9.15 15. Can I still be delisted during Black Friday?
- 9.16 16. What are Timelines for order fulfillment?
- 9.17 17. How do I get support when I have enquiries?
- 9.18 18. Will my items still be picked up as a VPU vendor?
- 9.19 19. I have both Jumia First and non-Jumia First stock. Will I get a notification for consignment orders on Seller Centre?
- 9.20 20. How can I participate in a Black Friday deal promotion?
Offer great deals on products
On Black Fridays, online shoppers will be looking for the best deals available. A great way to capture your audience is to offer exclusive product bundles or service packages at discounted prices.
It’s recommended to offer discounts over 30%; because everybody loves a good deal.
Prepare your store
Get started by using the right photos, describing products and services in detail, and labeling products. Also, ensure key Features and product benefits are clearly communicated in descriptions.
Tag your products
Create a “Black Friday” or “Sales” category on your storefront so consumers can find your discount offers quickly and easily.
Adopt the Black Friday concept
Discount; discount and more discount. This is the name of the game!
Spread the word
Once your storefront has been updated, start informing your existing offline and potential customers about your available deals via e-mail, text and social media. Giving them enough reason to visit your Jumia storefront.
Customer service involves prompt and professional responses to orders placed on your storefront and quick fulfillment of orders placed on your online storefront. Make efforts to always keep customers perception of your business positive.
Offer free shipping on Jumia Black Friday
The entire point of Jumia Black Friday is for consumers to get great deals.
If shipping costs are added on top of the cost of your items, this will put off many potential customers. And, because many Jumia Black Friday purchases are impulse buys, you’ll want to avoid turning away potential customers.
Potential customers seeking a popular item will be motivated by low prices and fast shipping times above all else. So, you’ll risk losing sales and other sellers offering free shipping if you fail to do so.
A report by ComScore on Black Friday reveal that, more than 70% of Black Friday desktop shoppers spend their money with retailers who offer free shipping.
Do everything you can to offer free shipping, and you can make up for the costs by making more sales.
How to qualify for the event as a seller
To benefit from this huge traction Jumia offers you to join the campaign
To qualify for the event on Jumia and multiply your sales, you will need to do 3 things to be part of the campaign:
1. Offer mouth-watering deals, deals which your customers ought to remember until the end of time! To stand out of the pack, it is recommended that work on being the best at offering the best deals. With good deals, your sales are very likely to increase by 10 times.
2. Excellent track record of operations at Jumia and commitment to offering a delightful customer experience during Black Friday. Prepare and secure your stock. Get your people ready and prepare sufficient packaging material.
3. Demonstrate your capacity to fulfill all your orders. With good deals, your sales can increase times 10 during this year’s event. Anticipate and source much more than usual.
What does an excellent operation track record mean?
1. Shipping Time: 100% of the items must be shipped within 48h.
2. Return rate of your products must be below 10%.
3. Cancellations must be below 5%.
4. Out of Stock rate of your products must be below 5%.
The operations team at Jumia will update you every week on how you have been performing in the last 5.
Offer your best deals and they will give you feedback.
Before campaigns open, test the deals you have in mind.
You still have the opportunity to propose your best deals. By then, Jumia will tell you if your deals are good enough to be selected or not. Only the best-performing vendors will be selected for Black Friday.
To apply, Login to your seller center account on Jumia and use the link provided for Black Friday application to share with Jumia the deals you want to push for Black Friday, your account manager will get back to you with advises and feedbacks.
After applying to Seller Center for Black Friday Promotions, Jumia will let you know if you qualify or not.
Alternatively, to feature your products in Black Friday, you can also send your account manager the following information via email:
- Name of the item.
- Current Jumia price.
- Black Friday price.
Ensure you have a deep stock of items you want to feature with fabulous prices. Remember, Jumia’s commission remains the same on Black Fridays.
Feel free to contact your account manager should you have any question.
Note that only the best-performing vendors will be selected for Black Friday. So starting from now, you must improve your shipping rates, return rate, customer service and every requirement needed.
Black Friday 2018 is looming, and it will be bigger than everything you have seen before! Are you ready for it?
Black Friday Faqs for sellers
1. Why do I need to drop-off my items on time?
Black Friday is the biggest sales event of the year! As always, we want to ensure all customers get their orders quickly and accurately. Vendors that drop-off their items on time will have a higher delivery success rate and will receive payment faster.
2. When will I get paid for delivered items during Black Friday?
Jumia will be paying you a day after the end of your statement period. You will be getting paid for items delivered within the account statement period.
3. I suspect that I have a duplicate order on my account, what do I do?
Do not cancel the order. If you do, you will have higher out-of-stock. Instead, please process the items of one order and email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0818881102 (Use the appropriate contact numbers available in your country), with the subject of your mail as “Duplicate Order”.
The Jumia team will cancel all duplicate orders on your behalf or will call you back within 24 hours if the order is not a duplicate.
4. I dropped off my package, but it’s not showing as shipped at Seller Center.
The warehouse team has allocated extra staff to ensure that all Black Friday orders are processed within 24 hours. If an item you dropped off is not processed by 7am the following morning, email email@example.com and include proof of drop-off and a list of the orders that are pending. Jumia will reply within 24 hours.
5. Why did the price of my item change?
For vendors that elected to participate in a Black Friday promotional campaign, you may notice a change in the price of your items starting at 12AM the first day of Black Friday (23rd November 2018). This price change is in line with the promotion and can be reversed by you at any time.
6. Can I change the price of one of my items?
Yes. However, Jumia asks that all vendors keep price changes to a minimum to avoid overloading the system. Additionally, any price change that is greater than 30% of the previous price will require approval from the Jumia team.
Until the price change is approved, the stock may be sold at the old price. If you are concerned about the time to approve a price change, please deactivate the SKU until the approval has been completed.
7. What do I do when I have an API Error message?
For orders with API Errors, send us an email with the mail header “API Error”. We will send you a response within 24 hours.
8. What can I do when my Barcodes don’t scan?
Reprint the invoice and attempt to drop off the next day. If the timeline for order fulfillment runs out and your barcode still is not scanning, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0818881102, with the subject of your mail as “Barcode not Scanning.” The Jumia team will cancel your order to avoid any unwarranted penalties or charges.
9. What do I do when my items are rejected at QC?
Always ensure the right item matches the item on the site in terms of color, size, brand, and Specification. If an SKU is rejected at QC, please take the right item back the next day and send an email.
If you do not have the right item, the order will be canceled as an Out of Stock.
10. Why does my store still have a daily order limit?
A historical performance of sellers have been calculated and based on this, a Black Friday order limit has been placed to enable our sellers better manage their order volume.
11. My account is limited despite good performance. Why?
Due to the success of Black Friday, at a certain capacity, Jumia will not be able to process any item that is not in our warehouse, except item category is on promotion for the day.
For all vendors with products in warehouse (Jumia First), nothing changes, you keep selling. For all vendors with products not stored at Jumia warehouse, you will have to wait until midnight to sell again.
Jumia suggests that you always apply for Jumia First on your best products. It is not too late to submit your items to Jumia First by sending an email to email@example.com. This will revert to 48h after assessing the quality of your offer for your customers.
12. Why was my store placed on QC?
Jumia will be placing vendors on Black Friday QC to increase the quality of items shipped to the customer and to reduce the failed delivery and rejection rate of Black Friday Items.
13. Will I still be eligible for the vendor promise during Black Friday?
Vendor Commitment if a returned item was not made available for collection within 30 days from when the return item was shipped, you will be notified to send an invoice so that you can be paid.
Be mindful that in order to make payment Jumia must receive an invoice from you within 14 days of notification.
14. What is the purpose of the Stickers?
Jumia have made available stickers with each vendor’s unique ID which you are required to paste on your item to enable better identification of your return items.
15. Can I still be delisted during Black Friday?
Jumia will be delisting vendors whose Cancellation Rate average is greater than 5% and have a count of 2 OOS in the present week.
16. What are Timelines for order fulfillment?
SLA Ensure all orders are dropped off within 24 hours of the order dropping on your seller center and the item dropped off within 48 hours of you setting to ready to ship.
The penalty for cancellations due to product Out of Stock and delayed fulfillment is twice the standard commission on that item while the penalty for late fulfillment is one time the standard commission on the item.
17. How do I get support when I have enquiries?
You can contact by calling us on 0818881102, sending an email on firstname.lastname@example.org, Jumia Nigeria Vendors on Facebook, or chat via your seller center from 9am to 5pm on weekdays.
18. Will my items still be picked up as a VPU vendor?
Jumia will be picking up from our vendors registered with their pick up service but will not be activating new Vendor Pick Up (and RTV door delivery) registrations for now.
19. I have both Jumia First and non-Jumia First stock. Will I get a notification for consignment orders on Seller Centre?
No, on Seller Center you will get notifications for non Jumia First orders only, for processing. However, you will be able to view all shipped orders.
20. How can I participate in a Black Friday deal promotion?
Sign up on Promotions in Seller Center to be a part. The processes and eligibility are detailed above.