Jumia Seller Center is a one-stop solution for managing your presence on Jumia online shop.
The Jumia Market Seller Center is a portal that gives you the Vendor or Seller full access to all your operational transactions with Jumia.
It gives access to list new products, update stock & prices that appear on Jumia marketplace.
You can also manage products as well as monitor and fulfill your orders as they arrive.
Jumia’s objective with the Seller-Center is to make your life as a seller really easy.
This is how the Jumia seller center sign up page looks like.
If you already have an account, all you need to do is login with your email and password. The login page url is sellercenter.jumia.com.gh depending on your country.
If you don’t and you want to sell on Jumia, then you need to go through the registration process.
This is a long post with over 4,500 words, so you might want to use the table of content below.
- 1 Managing your profile on Jumia Seller Center
- 1.1 Login for the first time
- 1.2 Manage your profile
- 1.3 Working on the “general tab”
- 1.4 Seller account information
- 1.5 Shop information
- 1.6 Bank account
- 1.7 Display address for customers
- 1.8 Get activated
- 1.9 Terms & conditions
- 1.10 Logo
- 1.11 Commissions
- 1.12 Manage users
- 1.13 Document template
- 1.14 Invoice numbers
- 2 How to create a product at the seller center
- 3 Product image guidelines
- 3.1 Fashion Clothing (Dresses, Tops, Shirts, Trousers etc.)
- 3.2 Fashion accessories – Watches
- 3.3 Necklaces & earrings
- 3.4 Shoes
- 3.5 Bags
- 3.6 Beauty/Groceries
- 3.7 Electronics & home living
- 3.8 Bundling of free items
- 3.9 Use of models on the website
- 3.10 Technical requirements for images
- 3.11 Standards for product images
- 3.12 5 simple tips to sell better with good images
- 3.13 Reasons to use a white background
- 4 24 reasons why your product images are not approved
- 5 Fulfil your orders
- 6 Track your order deliveries
- 7 Understand your account statement
- 8 How to join promotions
- 9 Jumia seller center app
- 10 Faqs about Jumia market seller center
- 11 Conclusion
Managing your profile on Jumia Seller Center
Your Seller Center gives you access to manage your profile as a seller or merchant on Jumia’s online platform.
Login for the first time
With your login details, make your first login into the Jumia Seller Center. Familiarize yourself with the Seller Center and get to know the tools available on the center.
Manage your profile
You can manage your profile from the Settings tab. There are aspects that you completely are in control of (General, Bank Account, Logo, Terms & Conditions) and other information that Jumia maintains for you are such as Commissions, Other Fees etc..
Working on the “general tab”
This is business information that is displayed to your customers on the website as well as legal company information that is used in account statements & invoices.
Under the General tab, you will find the following segments or sections with fields (* fields are compulsory).
Seller account information
Under this section, you will find the following fields. The Seller ID is automatically generated for you by Jumia. You are expected to fill the remaining fields.
- Seller ID
- First and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Display Name / Shop Name (What would you want to be known as or referred to on Jumia Marketplace?)
- Email Address
- Business Information
This is where you enter your business information. The following fields are provided for you.
- Legal Name / Company Name
- Legal Form
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City / Town
- Postal Code
- Person in Charge
- Business Registration No.
- VAT Registered
- Seller VAT
VAT Information File (Allowed types are images, PDF files, and MS Word documents).
For legal purposes, it might be necessary to upload certain files to Seller Center. These required files can be found under the address section on the profile page.
Under the Shop Information section, you are expected to answer the following questions
- Do you have valid license to sell, distribute products you sell?
- How do you supply geographically?
- Do you own any brands for the products you are selling?
- Which brands do you want to sell?
- Main product category
- Number of products you plan to sell
- License File (Allowed types are images, PDF files and MS Word documents)
For legal purposes, it might be necessary to upload certain files to Seller Center. These required files can be found under the address section on the profile page.
This information is necessary to enable transfers to your accounts. It is critical that you ensure that the bank account information is up to date and complete.
- Account Name
- Account Number
- Bank Code
Bank information (Allowed types are images, PDF files and MS Word documents).
How will you get paid?
You will be paid via Electronic Funds Transfer (ETF) or Cheque on a weekly or monthly basis depending on your payment cycle.
Payments are made by the 6th working day of the following month if you fall under monthly payout or on the 3rd working day of the following week if you fall under the weekly payout.
Display address for customers
The information’s given in this section takes away “virtuality” from your store and makes you real. It further gives you credibility.
- Contact Name
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Phone Number
- Postal Code
- City / Town
Click on “Save” to submit changes.
If you don’t submit your bank account details, your account will not be activated. This is by default.
Once Jumia reviews and confirms your bank account details, your Seller Center account will be activated and the channel is opened for you to start uploading your product images and start selling and making money on Jumia.
I’ll cover how to create new products in this post.
Terms & conditions
You can add additional information about the service being provided to your customers. This information will be displayed on the website alongside each of your listings and will make it easier for customers to decide whether to buy your products.
Logos are fun. Upload your logo here as a high quality, high-resolution image. It will then be used on the shop-platform. Default image values are 520 x 354 pixel.
Commissions are set at a category level. You do not have the permission to edit these commissions, as these are standard rates that are applicable to every seller who signs up with Jumia Seller Center.
As a basic vendor, you will only pay the commissions on each item you sell. The commission depends on the category of your item.
The commissions can be found in the Seller Center. You can choose to become a Premium vendor and subscribe to Value Added Services to reach more customers and improve your logistics.
In the Commissions tab under Settings > Your Profile, you will see an overview of all commissions.
Below is Jumia’s Commissions per product category.
|Phones & Tablets||5%|
|Home & Living||15%|
|Cameras & Electronics||10%|
|Baby, Toys & Kids||15%|
|Health & Beauty||15%|
|Sports & Fitness||15%|
|Music and Games||10%|
|Special Days Gifts||15%|
This image here gives more insight on Jumia commission structure.
When do you have to pay for commissions and services?
The commissions will be deducted from your payment, which occurs on a weekly basis or monthly basis depending on your payment cycle.
The Value Added Services fees will be deducted from your payment on a weekly basis or monthly basis depending on your payment cycle.
In case you have multiple users accessing your company account, it is a good idea to set up different logins for them giving them access to only the parts of Seller Center that they need access to.
This is possible from the “Manage Users” tab under Settings, where you can assign roles to users.
This area is also useful if you want to change your email address for login. Click “Edit” to open a screen where you can change your email.
Note: Full Access users can add new users (even if they are not verified).
Under Settings > Document Template, there is an overview of all available document templates. These templates can be used for invoices, package slips or shipping labels.
The difference between invoices and package slips is only that an invoice has an invoice number, whereas the package slip does not. Some customizable example templates may be provided by the Shop System.
If the example templates don’t fit your needs, you can also create your own invoice, package slip, and shipping label templates.
Click “Edit” or on the “Create New Template” button to open the template editor.
On the right, you will see a list of placeholders, e.g. Billing Address or Current Date, which can be added to the template. Depending on the Seller Center settings, you might not be able to edit some of the templates.
As a seller, you have the ability to generate invoice numbers in multiple ways when printing them. It is possible to generate the invoice number.
This can be done either by,
- Entering it manually
- Order Number
- Auto incremental number
These settings are available under Settings > Document templates. A prefix can be given here for the options Order Number or Auto increment Number.
How to create a product at the seller center
After putting every needed info on your profile, its now time to create products and start selling.
There are 4 ways to create products. Each of them is covered with screenshots below.
1. List your products
The fastest and easiest way to create a product, if they already exist on Jumia.
You will find the easiest and fastest way to create your products if they are already being sold on Jumia by another seller.
Just make sure that the product you are going to sell is exactly identical to the one on Jumia in terms of name, full detailed description, and color.
How to create products using the “sell yours” option.
In the search bar, search for the product you want to create. Make sure it is exactly the same product (specification, color, bundle, capacity, etc.) that you want to upload to your store.
Click “Sell Yours Here”
Click on “More Product Details” Tab
Change the product line to your store name.
Click on “Product Pricing” Tab
Please make sure to insert the seller SKU, quality, and price for the item. Then click “Submit and Finish“.
You will not need to edit any description for the product, nor upload any images.
2. Create products using pre-existing content
Jumia has already created a library of products that you can use. Just look for your products, add your price, your current stock and start to sell.
Log in to your seller center and click on products. Next, click on “Add a Product“.
In the search bar, type in the product you want to create and click on search.
Next, identify your product in the list. Make sure it is exactly the same product as yours by clicking on “See Product Preview“.
If it is, all you need to do is click on “Sell yours“.
In case you don’t find it, then use the other methods of product creations as stated in this post.
Fill the 3 mandatory fields: Seller SKU, Quantity, and Price. Then click on Submit all and finish.
This video below gives more insight on how to create a product using preexisting content on Jumia marketplace.
3. Create products manually (one by one)
You can create products in your Seller Center from scratch manually.
Follow this step by step guide to learn how to create appealing content for your products.
Connect to Jumia seller center. Click on products > Add a product.
Click on “Create a new Product”
Select the Category and Subcategories of your product. Click on Select.
This is one of the most critical aspect of product creation. Whatever info you put here (step 4 – step 7) about your products will determine your future as a Jumia vendor.
Read my detail guide on how to increase sales on jumia using seo.
Fill the Main information about your product. The more precise your description is, the more chances you have to seduce your consumer. So take your time and fill it accurately.
Click on the “More product details” tab. Then again, fill the required fields, especially the product description.
Click on the “Product pricing” tab. Leave the “Variation” field blank. Write the barcode if you have it in the EAN/UPC/ISBN field.
For the seller SKU, Price ans Sale price fields, look it up in this post in the step 3 of create product 1.
Click on the image tab. Upload images for your product. The first image for your product.
- Image needs to be 680 x 850 pixel.
- The maximum file size should be 200kb.
- White background is recommended.
- No watermark.
Check out this video on how to create products manually.
4. Create products using CSV import
You can create so many products at once using the massive import feature. To create many products at once, nothing is better than the massive import feature.
It will let you use an excel file to create as many products as you want. Follow the step by step guide to learn how to do it.
Once again, log into your seller center account and click on “Products“, then “Add a Product“.
Next step, select “Click here to add products in bulk“.
Choose the category of the products you want to create.
Download the document, it can be found at the end of the page…as shown in the screenshot below.
Fill the downloaded templates as indicated on the screenshot. Save the document.
Go back to the product page, click on “Import product“.
Next, click on upload file after uploading the document.
Product image guidelines
Here are guidelines for pictures you use for your products. Jumia is strict when it comes to product quality. So you have to adhere to the rules. Follow the guidelines below.
Fashion Clothing (Dresses, Tops, Shirts, Trousers etc.)
Shots required (3 shots) – Front, Back, Cropped shot of the fabric.
You can angle your item to the side if the item has unique details on the sides.
Fashion accessories – Watches
Shots required (2 to 3 shots) – Front & Back. For items that come with premium packaging like Casio watches you can include shot of the packaging.
For smartwatches or designer watches that come with a warranty please include the warranty tag on the watch.
Necklaces & earrings
Shots required (1 to 2 shots) if the item is a set always include the full image of the item as a set.
Shots required (4 shots) – 45 degree angle, Front, Back, Side).
Shots required (3 shots) 45 degree, Back, Inside of the bag).
Shots requires (1 or 2 shots or more depending on functionality of the product) a clear shot of the product being sold.
You can be creative and add swatches for your products that is for beauty products.
Electronics & home living
For electronic number of shots is determined by the functionality of the item. Minimum of 2 shots required.
If the item comes with warranty please include the warranty tag on the image.
Bundling of free items
For items being sold with free items first image must be a representation of the bundle. Please use the Jumia red plus sign to indicate the free item.
Use of models on the website
You are allowed to use models to display your items on the website. The poses must be professional and must not take away attention from the item that is being sold.
The poses used on the model must show the item at good angles example front, back or side.
Use minimalist styling to allow the attention to be focused on the item being sold.
The item styled with a proper pair of shoe is enough to display a dress for example.
The idea is to make the item flattering on the model hence it is advisable to use a model who represents your brand and what it stands for.
Technical requirements for images
- Image must be 500 x 500 to 2000 x 2000 pixels.
- Images format accepted is jpg.
- Your images must not be pixelated or of low quality.
Standards for product images
- Image must be the professional photograph of the product being sold.
- The image must not contain additional items of things that are not being sold with the item.
- Image must be in focus, professionally lit and photographed.
- Product should fill 85% or more of the image frame.
- The full product must be captured in the frame and not a snippet of the product.
- Backgrounds must be pure white (RGB 255,255,255). Additional images with different backgrounds can be added as additional images.
- Image must be free from additional text like watermarks, backlinks or other forms of text.
- In instances where the brand has full rights to the product and is the sole owner of the images watermarks will be accepted but they must match the brand/seller name on Jumia. Image must portray what is being sold.
- You must be aware of infringing on copyrighted images in case you decide to download images from the internet.
- P*rnographic and offensive materials are not allowed.
- Other products or objects are allowed to help demonstrate the use or scale of product.
5 simple tips to sell better with good images
- Products on white background sell better as the product looks clean, it’s non-distractive and colors are true on a white background.
- Don’t make your background too busy, or too different from photo to photo, or it will turn into a distraction.
- Clean or white backgrounds have been proven to increase profitability as customers interact better with clean backgrounds.
- Consistency will help you sell your products better.
- Customers are more reactive to buy well photographed items than poorly photographed items.
Reasons to use a white background
- White encourages a pleasant user experience and offers the feeling of spaciousness, purity, serenity, and clarity.
- A white background allows the focus to be on the product and not on the background.
- White leaves no room for distraction and competition from other objects, or from strong colors in the background or foreground.
- White backgrounds allow customers to move effortlessly around products hence influencing their buying choices.
- A clean, white background has been proven to enhance engagement levels of customers and thus increasing the click-through rate and the spending velocity.
24 reasons why your product images are not approved
A lot of people complain about their images not being approved by Jumia. Here, I listed 24 possible reasons why your products or product images are not approved.
- Non Adherence to Jumia’s image upload guideline.
- Blurry Image.
- Stretched Image.
- Label or Logo on Image not clear.
- Label or Logo on image not the same with selected product brand name.
- Stacking images wrongly.
- Not showing various angle shots of products requiring it.
- Product image too dark or too bright – not properly contrasted.
- Uploading product images with distorted colors and shapes.
- Tilted product images – images should stand straight and upright. For images with corks, lids, covers, etc, they should be clearly seen.
- Product packs not showing the content of the pack, e.g, a toothpaste image should show the pack and the tube side by side.
- Uploading product images that do not meet the specified requirement.
- By uploading wrong product images.
- Uploading product images with scribbles (There should be no writeup or inscriptions across images.
- Not centralizing product images.
- Not uploading product images with white backgrounds.
- Uploading images of banned or illegal products.
- No image upload (Missing product image).
- Wrong description of products.
- Not itemizing product Key Features.
- Not “bulleting” product Key Features (Use “bullets” for product Key Features).
- Uploading products that Jumia has exclusive right to sell based on a contractual agreement with the manufacturing company or distributor.
- Uploading product images of local/indigenous food items that are not approved by the indigenous Food Quality Control Manager or your Account Manager.
- Product price unreasonable.
Fulfil your orders
Learn how to manage your orders from the moment it is confirmed until the moment it is ready to ship.
View your pending orders
Connect to Jumia seller center and click on orders > Manage Orders. Click on Pending items to see the orders you have to manage. Next, click on Ready to ship.
Set your order as ready to ship
Select a shipping provider, and click Package & Next. The tracking ID should be auto atically filled, if not, fill it by following this rule;
The tracking ID is composed of the order number and your Seller ID.
Its format is: XXXXXXXXX-ZZZZZZZ (E.g: 365429778-NG1021J) If there is more than one item in your order, just add a letter of the alphabet at the end. E.g 365429778-NG1021J.
After that, finally set your order as “Ready to Ship“.
Print the order documents
Go back to your pending orders and selet an item. Print all the required documents: invoice, shipping labels, pick lists, carrier manifests.
Pack your items
Its now time to pack your items. First, use the Jumia branded packaging for your items and put the printed customer invoice inside the package with the items.
Next, staple the shipping label outside the package. The barcode on the shipping label must be scannable, the ink should not be too thin/thick.
Check out: Jumia Packaging Materials and Guidelines
However, for big already packed items, use a flyer and tape it on the package. In the flyer put the invoice and the shipping label.
Track your order deliveries
You can track the status of your shipped orders directly from your Seller Center. Keep a full visibility on all your items at any time.
With this feature, you can view the point-by-point movements of your processed orders, including movement from Jumia warehouse to customer hub, each delivery attempt, and in the case of a failed delivery, movements back from the hub to the warehouse.
Go to Orders > Manage Orders > Shipped. There, you will find a list of your orders in shipped status.
Find the order number you would like to review. Click on the + sign to review the order details and view the items in the order.
Click on the tracking link listed under “Shipment Information” and a new page will open.
The tracking page includes the location of the items as it moves from the Vendor Drop-off station, to the Sorting Hub, to the Customer Hub, and out for delivery.
Understand your account statement
Your account statement lets you track your revenues, your sales balance, and your fees.
You can see all the transactions in details and even download all the documents in order to use them for your accounting.
To view your account statement, login to your seller center account. In “Reports” tab, click on “Account Statements“.
When you arrive on the Account Statement page, you will see an overview of your cash and products balance.
Your account statement contains all the info you need about each of your orders, payment and fees.
After reading your account statement, you can go back to your seller center dashboard and get a dynamic view of your sales per order.
There is also an option to download your account statement.
On the account statement page, just select a date range and click on “Export” then “Sales Report”. Next, go to the bottom of the page and click “Refresh” until your download is ready.
Click on download. Open your downloaded file (Excel) which contains your sales report. Here, you have access to every info about your sales at item level.
The detailed view also allows you to check if the money you receive corresponds to the sales you made.
How to join promotions
Every week you will find new promotions available in your Seller Center, you can join them and offer your best deals.
Promotion sales play a vital role in boosting sales on Jumia. If selected, your deals will benefit from a visibility boost and your sales will grow.
First, go to your seller center and click on “Promotions” > “Join the promotion”
Click on “Add New Products”
Enter a promo price. You don’t need to touch your promo stock. And finally, click on “Add to Promotion”
That’s all it takes to join a promotion. The promotional prices you have entered are automatically updated on Jumia.
Remember, joining promotions will make you eligible to be a selected vendor on Jumia Black Fridays.
Jumia seller center app
Jumia Seller Center App for Android makes it more convenient than ever to monitor your business anywhere at any time.
The app has over 50,000 downloads and it’s only available for android devices. Jumia seller center for Iphone is not yet available. Iphone users can wait for the ios version.
Use the mobile app to respond to growing customer demand at Jumia with swiftness and ease.
This app makes it easier for jumia vendors to sell online.
Features of jumia seller center app
You can use this app to do the following right from your smartphone.
- Get instant alerts for new orders
- View your Pending Orders and mark your orders as ready-to-ship, shipped and completed
- Track your orders processing
- Update stock count and pricing for your listings on Jumia.com
- Edit and publish listings directly from the Seller App
- Take part in promotion campaigns with a single touch
- View Inventory and Price Recommendations
- Follow up how much money you’ve made on your Account Statement
- Access to real-time reports of your orders and sales to help you take your shop to the next level.
How to use the Jumia seller center app
After downloading and installing the app from Google Play Store or App store, you’ll want to get things going.
1. The login page
Select your country to log in to your seller center account. You can use the same credentials as you already use for the desktop version of your seller center.
2. Your dashboard
On your dashboard, you can see and access the following;
Shipping rate: Jumia seller center app lets you see the percentage of your orders that were set to shipped status within 48 hours.
In order to keep a healthy and fast shipping time, you should always set your orders to “ready to ship” within 24 hours.
Cancellation & returns: Cancellation is the percentage of your orders that were canceled before being delivered to your customers during the last 30 days. To avoid penalties you should keep this ratio below 3%.
The return rate is the percentage of your orders that were returned by your customers after being delivered. Make sure you keep this ratio below 5%.
Products: You can have a clear view of the status of your products. You can view which products are live, inactive, and out of stock.
Orders: You can see the status of your orders. Whether they’re pending, ready to ship, shipped, canceled, returned, or delivered.
Sales: You can also see the value of your sales made during the last 7 days.
3. Your orders panel
Here, you can see the list of your orders. You’ll find the order number, the number of items in the order, the date, value and status of the order.
4. Your catalog
You can see the list of your products. You can also filter your products by status. Navigate quickly through the different statuses to make sure if all your top products are currently live in your shop.
Faqs about Jumia market seller center
Each Supplier, Merchant or Seller has his own account that allows him to monitor his sales, as well as pending, shipped & canceled orders.
The questions that readily come to mind when it comes to using the Seller-Center Portal are:
Can I track orders placed for my products?
Yes, Seller Center gives vendors access to monitor all sales, as well as pending, shipped & canceled orders. You can also have a view on each order’s current status.
Can I give access to multiple users to use my account?
Yes, each vendor will be allowed to grant access to several users.
Would I have access to generate reports from seller center?
Yes, each supplier will be allowed to generate all the needed reports about his stock, sales and product prices on Jumia.
What are the products I can sell on Jumia?
You can sell products among the following categories:
Phones and Tablets, Fashion products, Home and Office, Computing, Cameras, Electronics, Watches, Sunglasses, Baby and kids products, Toys, Health and Beauty.
Automobile, Sport and Fitness, Games and Consoles, Service Deals, Books, Movies and Music, Weddings, Groceries and many more.
What are the products I cannot sell on Jumia?
The following are the list of items that are banned from selling on Jumia.
So these are vital areas you need to know about Jumia seller center. It’s up to you to make good use of the tools available to you.
As mentioned earlier, Jumia is a global brand and they always want to ensure quality on their site. So always adhere to their rules and QC so that you don’t get penalized.
I’ve tried my best to cover everything in this post, you can still refer to Jumia Vendor Hub for more information.
Let me know the problems you face as a seller on Jumia in the comment box below.
As my friend would say, what matters in business is sales…nothing else. If you’re not making sales and profit, you don’t have a business.